Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Brown butter pecan blondie

 I have a cold for almost a week, well the weather is not normal, haha. It's very hot or raining all the time.

I try to stay still, but it's not easy for me. I have so many things I want to do ^^. Anyway I have to admit that the cold makes me feel dizzy and my head can't become clear (I know that I didn't answer any e-mails, if you write to me please wait for my answer, I couldn't reply last week). Half of me is still in hibernate mode, haha. 
But I long for sweet treat, I can't live without it, eating or making, either ways make me feel happy and want to live for tomorrow (^^, well I'm the person who live to eat). At this moment I want something sweet with nuttiness and chocolate. Blondie is the best choice for me, as I don't want to eat all of the cookie alone I have to make something that my sister will agree to share with me. She doesn't like bitterness from chocolate so brownie is not the right answer. 
Blondie is easy to make, stir and mix is all you have to do, but this time it has something special "the brown butter". Brown butter or Beurre noisette make by melting the butter and let the milk segment turn brown. The smell of the Beurre noisette is close to roasted nut and it make the bake good smell great too. It's not hard to make but you have to keep your eyes on the butter all the time, you want brown colour and nutty aroma not burnt butter. 
I think brown butter goes well with pecan nut, but you can use other kinds of nut if you have on hand, walnut is a great choice too. 
Serve this sweet and delicious bar cookie with a cup of black coffee is the best companion for me, but for children a cup of milk will bring smile to their faces.



Brown butter pecan blondie
Make 18x18cm 


125g ..................................... Unsalted butter
87g ....................................... Brown sugar
100g ..................................... Granulated sugar
1 ........................................... Egg
175g ..................................... All purpose flour
1/2tsp ................................... Baking powder
1/8tsp ................................... Baking soda
.............................................. Pinch of salt
15g ....................................... Malted milk powder
120g ..................................... Pecan, lightly roasted and roughly chopped
100g ..................................... Dark chocolate, chopped if large 

Preheat an oven to 160C
Line 18cm pan with baking paper.
Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and malted milk powder together, set aside.

Put the butter into a saucepan, place over low heat and heat until melt and turn into golden brown.

 Pour into a bowl, put both kinds of sugar and salt into the bowl.
Stir until combine, let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.

 Put the egg into the bowl.
 Beat to combine.

 Pour the sifted flour mixture into the bowl with chopped pecan nut and dark chocolate. (save some pecan and dark chocolate for decorating the top of the blondie).

 Fold to combine.

Pour into the prepared pan, smooth the top and decorate with the remaining dark chocolate and pecan.
Bake for 35 minutes.
Brown butter pecan blondie

2 comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...