Monday, January 5, 2015

Basic Waffles

I got new waffle iron as a new year gift from my mom (thank you, Mom ^^). Actually I have 2 of them before but in different shape.
When my niece saw it she asked me to make waffles for her. Well, it's easy and I wanted to try it too, so I said yes! There are 2 type of waffles, yeast or without. Making waffle without yeast is easy and quick so I made this kind of it today. 
The amount that you will get depend on the size of your waffle iron, mine is about 1/2 cup of batter per piece (I get 6 waffles). You can make it ahead and warm it before serving, or serve hot from the iron, both are great. I serve mine with sweetened whipped cream and ice cream ^^, as this waffle is not sweet (you can add more sugar to make it sweeter). If you plan to serve all the waffle at the same time, preheat the oven to 120C and put the finished waffles in the oven while you cooked the rest.


Basic Waffles
Serve 4-6 persons 


230g ................................... All purpose flour
1tbsp ................................... Baking powder
1tsp ..................................... Salt
1tbsp ................................... Granulated sugar (use 2 tbsp for sweet waffles)
2 .......................................... Eggs
340g .................................... Milk
85g ...................................... Unsalted butter, melted

Preheat a waffle iron before making the batter.

 Put the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder into a bowl, whisk to combine.

 Mix the eggs with milk and melted butter together and pour into the bowl.


Fold lightly until just combine (the mixture will be lumpy).
Pour the batter into the preheat waffle iron, cook until golden brown.


Basic Waffles

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Can you let me know what wattage is your waffle iron? I have a 700W appliance, and I find that it doesn't crisp and brown well and evenly. Most of the time, the batter steams and you're really left with waffles that are not crisp. It's not the recipe because on a different waffle iron, the recipe turns out fine as it does in my friends' 1000W iron. And I like how much thicker your waffle iron is - is it a Belgian waffle iron?

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...