Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Almond Cranberry Granola

As you know that I'm a bit busy lately ^^ my house is in progress but it takes a lot of my time.

I never skip my breakfast (I'm the breakfast girl, haha), I love to start my day with it. But due to home renovation I can't cook everyday so I think it will be better to make something in advance.
Making Granola is easy and you can keep it in a jar and enjoy it later. It's great breakfast or you can have it as a snack ^^. I really love this recipe. For fruit juice, the fragrance of Pomegranate juice is lovely but if you don't have it orange juice can be used instead.



Almond Cranberry Granola

1/4 cup .......................... Honey
1/4 cup .......................... Maple syrup
1/8 cup .......................... Fruit juice (I use Pomegranate juice)
40 g ................................ Unsalted butter
1/2 tsp ........................... Almond extract or  1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cup .............................. Rolled oats
1/2 cup .......................... Desiccated coconut
1 cup .............................. Almond  
1/2tsp ............................ Sea salt
3/4 cup .......................... Dried cranberry




Preheat the oven to 160°C.
Line a baking pan with baking paper.
Put honey, maple syrup, pomegranate juice, butter and salt into medium saucepan. Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thicken.
Put almond, rolled oats, desiccated coconut into a bowl, pour the honey mixture into the bowl with almond extract, and stir to combine.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan, and bake for 14 minutes.
Remove from the oven and stir in dried cranberry.
Bake again for 18 minutes.
Let the granola cool before putting into a container.


Almond Cranberry Granola

3 comments:

  1. I make my own granola too. So much better than store bought ;)
    Lovely pictures! You blog is such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    If I don't have maple syrup, have nothing else replace it?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...