Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Playing around with the ingredients: Chocolate chips and Cornish fudge chunks Cookies

 I love to go to supermarket, well, look around for something delicious to eat, or find different ingredients to cook with, everything is interesting for me.

 Every time that I go to different places or countries, I always want to go to their market or supermarket, haha, I'm a bit weird, right? But looking at all the things can give me an inspiration, I want to use this, I want to try that, it's what I feel. 
Luckily that I come to stay with my sister, so every times that I found something I want to try I don't have to wait until I come back home, I can try them now ^^. Yesterday, I found this little bag on a baking aisle, it's Cornish fudge chunks, and it look delicious, hehe. I bought it with a thought that I will use it in a cookie. 
Because the Cornish fudge is very sweet so I paring it with dark chocolate chips (if you can't find fudge, chopped caramel toffee is great too, and the dark chocolate chips you can use dark chocolate chunks instead).
The cookie dough is not sweet, but when you mix all the ingredients together, the flavor is just right ^^. Playing with the ingredients is fun, but the most happy time for me is having this cookie with a cup of hot tea or coffee, yummy yummy.



 Chocolate chips and Cornish fudge chunks Cookies
Makes 9

115g ............................ Unsalted butter
100g ............................ Brown sugar
1/2 tsp ......................... Vanilla extract
1 ................................... Eggs
155g ............................. All purpose flour
1/2 tsp ......................... Baking soda
1/4 tsp .......................... Salt
100g ............................ Dark Chocolate chips
80 g ............................ Cornish fudge chunks

Preheat the oven to 190°C 
Line the baking sheets with baking paper.
Sift the all purpose flour and baking soda together.


Beat the butter with salt, vanilla extract and sugar until light in color. Add the eggs and beat until combine. 
Fold the flour into the bowl follow by chocolate chips and Cornish fudge chunks.
Use 2 inches scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 10-12 minute or until the edges start to firm but the center will be soft, let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet.

dailydelicious note: after cooling if the cookies still too soft, bake it again at 150°C for 7-10 minutes, and let them cool on the baking sheet before moving.   


Playing around with the ingredients: 
Chocolate chips and Cornish fudge chunks Cookies

1 comment:

  1. Hello.
    To me it is the same. When I travel to different sites, the first thing I do is go to the supermarket and see different products that can inspire me to hecer new lines.
    This cookies are really good.
    A greeting.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...