Saturday, May 14, 2011

Vanilla Cupcakes, My favorite, your favorite, the never-ending recipe!

The simplest cupcakes ^^ that many people can't say no, and I think I won't have enough recipes of it. Because each time that I want to make it I try make it better (or awful, haha).

This time I try to make adaptation from the book:I like the texture of the cake when I made the Lemon Curd Mascarpone Cupcakes but I think I want to make it more tender ^^.
So I added more Crème Fraîche (my favorite ingredient, that I really want you to try it, you can use in instead of milk, yogurt, sour cream and whipping cream), and a bit of milk to make the batter more fluid, well luckily for me that the result is good, only a bit of them make the cake more tender. For the buttercream, I use Crème au beurre that made from 1 egg, because the taste is quite good and very easy to prepare when I don't want to think about what to do with the rest of the egg (both white or yolk), but you can use other butter cream that you like, choose from French Butter cream (made with yolk only), Swiss meringue Buttercream or Italian meringue Buttercream, and add a vanilla bean paste to make it more vanilla (or other flavors that you want to eat with this tender vanilla cupcake ^^).
I hope that you will like this recipe too, and well, I can't say it's the last recipe for vanilla cupcake in my blog, hehe.



Vanilla Cupcakes
Makes 6 





-Cupcakes-
65g ................................... Unsalted butter
65g .................................. Granulated sugar
1tsp ................................. Vanilla bean paste
1tsp ................................. Vanilla extract
.......................................... A pinch of salt
1 ....................................... Egg
65g .................................. Cake flour
1tsp ................................. Baking powder
2tbsp ................................ Crème Fraîche
1tbsp ................................. Milk

Crème au beurre
90g ................................ Granulated sugar
25g ................................ Water
1 ..................................... Egg
125g ............................... Unsalted butter
1tsp ................................ Vanilla bean paste
......................................... A dash of salt

Preheat the oven to 180°C
Line 6 standard muffin tins with muffin case.
Sift the flour and baking powder together, set aside.




  Beat butter, salt, and sugar together for 5-7 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and vanilla bean paste, beat to combine.
Add the egg and mix for 2 minutes.

 Add half of the flour to the batter and mix until incorporated. Add the Crème Fraîche and milk mix for a further minutes, fold the rest of the flour until combine.Use the ice cream scoop to divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases. 
Bake for 22-25 minutes.


Make the Buttercream:


In a sauce pan, put the sugar and water and bring to boil over medium low heat.
When the syrup reaches 100°C, start whisking the egg.
The syrup is ready when it reaches 117°C; pour it over the egg  and continue whisking until cold.
Add salt and beat to combine, then add the butter 1 tablespoon at a time. Increase the mixer speed to high for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the butter is fully incorporated, then add the vanilla bean paste.


Put the buttercream in the piping bag and decorate as desire.
Vanilla Cupcakes, My favorite, your favorite, the never-ending recipe!

10 comments:

  1. Very well decorated! I like it a lot, the colors, and i am sure it's yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply delicious.... love the colour and presentation:)
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  3. THose cupcakes looks marvellous and pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look lovely and delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, can you please tell me if i can change the creame fraiche by another cream? because i can't find it any where around here. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Thư Hoàng
    You can use whipping cream instead ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I use the same recipe for a a basic Vanilla cake??? If so can you please tell me the measurements of the ingredients I have to take??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can use it as vanilla basic cake, double the recipe and bake it in 8inch pan.

      Delete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...