Monday, June 14, 2010

Great for your health muffin: Berry and yogurt muffins

I really have no reason at all when I bake this muffin, ^ ^, well sometimes life can be like that, we don't need the reason to do something.
All I want is to bake something, for me baking is therapeutic. When I feel down or sometime only bored (haha), all I have to do is go to the kitchen, mix something up and baking it.
But I think it's great to have a hobby like this, haha, because it's not only that you feel better when you making it but when the people you love eating it, you will feel a lot better.
This time, it's almost 8pm. when I start to baking it, after making bread for my dad, I feel bored (well, I make the same recipe again and again) so, I still want to do something more.
Then recipe came into my eyes, well all the ingredients are my kitchen stable (and I think most of you have these at home too). This is the muffin that I think it's great for the people who concern about their health, the vegetable oil is used instead of the melted butter (this time I use rice barn oil, which my friend recommend, it has less smell than other kind of oil), the yogurt, oats and berries are great for your health too.


So, from the reason (that is not a good reason, haha) that I was bored, I got a good muffins to serve my family ^ ^, and a great feeling when I  taste this delicious muffin.
If you feel bored or only want to have a great snack (or you can serve it as a breakfast), just try this recipe. You will see that it's easy to make yourself feel better by baking and other people to be happy when you serve them this delicious muffin too.


Note: I use small (5cm) Japanese muffin tins, but if you use standard muffin tin you will get 8 pieces.





Berry and yogurt muffins
Makes 12 pieces (5cm muffins)



150g ................................ Cake flour
20g .................................. Quick oats
1½ tsp  ........................... Baking powder
.......................................... a pinch of salt
110g ................................. Golden caster sugar
2 ....................................... Eggs
110g ................................. Yogurt
60ml ................................ Vegetable oil
120g ................................. Frozen mixed berries


Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Liner the tin with paper liner.




1. Sift flour and baking powder into medium bowl stir in oats, salt and sugar. Mix eggs, yogurt and oil together, then pour into the flour mixture, follow with berries, mix until just combine (don't over-mix).


2. Spoon batter into the prepared tins, bake for 20-25 minutes. Stand in tins for 5 minutes; turn, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.


Great for your health muffin: Berry and yogurt muffins

8 comments:

  1. I baked these muffins this afternoon, they taste so good! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Happy Homebaker
    ^^
    I'm so glad that you like it.
    Pook

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi...ur muffin look great...i'm gonna to try this...soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Those muffins were delicious! I baked them as part of my Leaving Cert(the Irish equivalent of A-Levels) cooking assignments! Thanks for giving me a healthier option compared to most muffins! Your reciepe was easy to follow and your banoffe pie was delicious too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful looking muffins! Blueberries are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing ! I tried this recipe today and tasted it. It is soft and with the right texture :)
    Gonna try the other version which you have posted too .. very soon !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!

    Can I replace cake flour with self raising flour?

    Do I have to add some more baking powder for this recipe since it already contains baking powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can use self raising flour in this recipe, but you need to add 1/2 tsp of baking powder ^^.

      Delete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...