Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars From: Martha Stewart's Cookies


Well, this is the great combination, if you love to have bread with peanut butter and jam. I have my own favorite, raspberry jam and chunky peanut butter. So, after I got this book this is the first one that I want to try. The original recipe calls for strawberry jam, but I change to raspberry jam, so it’s up to your passion. As always, I don’t want to make a big tray of cookie (accept the truth, my family has to eat all the bake good which I test them, I like to make a small batch, because I will have a chance to try more recipe). I make only half of the recipe, use 8x8 inches pan, and reduce the baking time to 45 minute.
The taste of the cookie is salty sweet, you should chop the salted peanut, (I forgot to chop them and the peanut is too big when cut the cookie into pieces).
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
Makes about 3 dozen


1 cup (2 sticks)
unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
3 cups
all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
1½ cups
Sugar
2
large eggs
2½ cups
smooth peanut butter
1½ teaspoons
Salt
1 teaspoon
baking powder
1 teaspoon
pure vanilla extract
1½ cups
strawberry jam, or other flavor (I use raspberry)
1 cup
salted peanuts(5 ounces), roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 by 13-inch baking pan, and line the bottom with parchment paper. Butter the parchment, dust with flour, and tap out excess.



2. Place butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla.


Add eggs and peanut butter; beat until combined, about 2 minutes. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to the butter mixture, and beat on low speed until combined.


3. Transfer two-thirds of mixture to prepared pan; spread evenly with an offset spatula. Using off set spatula, spread jam on top of peanut-butter mixture. Crumble remaining third of peanut butter mixture on top of jam. Sprinkle evenly with peanuts.


4. Bake until golden, 45 to 60 minutes, rotating halfway through. Tent loosely with foil if bars are getting too dark. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Run knife around edges and refrigerate, 1 to 2 hours. Cut into about thirty-six bars (about 1½ by 2 inches). Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...