Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Apples for Jam recipes for life

By Tessa Kiros



As you know that I always fall in love with beautiful cookbook, this one is very lovely too. I saw this book the first time when I went to see my sister in UK, I really liked it but I didn’t want to carry a lot of books (I already bought some books and my luggage was heavy) When I came back, I ordered it along with Falling Cloudberries: A World of Family Recipes from the same author.

If you like a cookbook with a story you may like this one, most of the recipe come with a little story and the memory that they bring to the author’s mind, the recipes are divided into color section: red, orange, yellow, pink, green, gold, white, brown, monochrome, stripes, and multicolor, each color reflect the color of the food.

The recipes are multinational but not fusion, some are Italian (as the author live in Tuscany with her family) but she’s traveling a lot, and inspire by many cuisines from her background, it’s like the food that bring back some memory from the day that we were children. I like the feeling that the recipes are simple; children friendly (she live with her two daughter), the ingredients are easy to find and look delicious.

I use it a lot, if not for recipe, I use it for inspiration, I like to browse the book looking at the lovely pictures. Because the recipes are not divided by their course, you can turn to it anytime of the day, breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, sweet or snack when you turn the page by page you will want to get into the kitchen and cook something.

It’s not a professional cookbook, but a simple and lovely recipe that you may want to use everyday, and I know that if you really like cooking at home you will love this book that same as I do.



Picture from: Apples for Jam: Recipes for Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...